Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
In the home health care setting, Licensed Practical Nurses:
- Provide one-on-one skilled nursing care and treatment to patients in their home.
- Use a comprehensive and patient-specific care plan with innovative solutions.
- Spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence.
- Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to implement and follow a patient specific care and treatment plan.
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patients’ health and condition using required documents such as clinical progress notes using a clinician-preferred technology within established timelines.